Trotec – ULTRASOUND MEASURING INSTRUMENT SL800
Quick and economic detection of compressed air leaks
With this professional ultrasonic detector set you can locate leakages in compressed air supply networks, plant systems and at concealed pipelines quickly and inexpensively without contact even from a distance of several metres.
In case of leaking gas even a tiny point of leakage in the compressed air line is sufficient and leads to increased friction, generating a sound inaudible for humans in the ultrasonic frequency range. Wear abrasion at movable machine parts becomes noticeable in the same way.
These sound vibrations caused by flow friction are received by the probe of the SL800R and transformed into audible sound by way of high-performance transducer technology, which can then be played over soundproof headphones and additionally displayed as indicator value via a 10-piece LED bar graph. The combined visual and audible detection with adjustable headphone volume permits focussed working even in poor lighting conditions and noisy surroundings.
To test the tightness of pressureless systems such as tanks, containers or climatic chambers and ventilation systems, these system can be subjected to ultrasound using the SL800T transmitter, which is also included in the set.
his variety of potential applications is made possible by ultrasonic detection using the SL800 set:
SL800R with structure-borne sound probe
- Early detection of wear at ball, roller or slide bearings
- Checking centrifugal pumps for cavitation
- Tightness tests of fittings
- Continuity testing or functional check of steam traps
This probe utilizes structure-borne sound as bearer of inner states and processes. Hence, the device combination works like an electronic stethoscope.
SL800R with airborne sound probe
- Leak detection at exposed lines and pipes
- Proving the leakage-related loss at gas-filled supply networks also during operation
- Leak detection at high-pressure steam installations
- Localization of cracks, poor weld seams or worn flange connections
- Leak detection at all accessible fittings and connecting elements where processes take place in a vacuum or at high pressure
SL800R with airborne sound probe and ultrasonic transmitter SL800T
- Tightness testing to determine the cause of energetic defects, e.g. at doors or windows
- Checking containers, housings or climatic chambers for tightness
- Subjecting tanks or containers to ultrasound so as to test sealing components
TRT-CE-SL800-SET-HS-001-DE.pdf (165 KB)
TRT-KA-SL800-TC-001.pdf (1.9 MB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-DE.pdf (621 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-EN.pdf (620 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-ES.pdf (622 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-FI.pdf (618 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-FR.pdf (624 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-IT.pdf (623 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-NL.pdf (620 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-PL.pdf (625 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-RO.pdf (622 KB)
TRT-BA-SL800-SET-TC-001-TR.pdf (629 KB)